SHAREit Review: There were days when people had to physically connect their smartphone to their PC to share files between them. And for sharing files from one smartphone to another, the only option was using Bluetooth. But, the transfer speed of Bluetooth is below expectation. Moreover, larger files used to get compressed when shared over Bluetooth. But now we have a solution to all these problems. Just go to Google Play Store and download SHAREit. It is a one-stop solution for all problems. More than 500 million people are using it currently and also has a rating of 4.6/5 in Google play store. This app allows you to share files, pictures, videos and much more using a wireless connection between your phone and the other device.
Basically, it uses hotspot and Wi-Fi to connect two devices and allows you to share files at a faster speed which is nearly at the rate of 10Mbps. And guess what, you do not need an internet connection to share files between two devices using shareit latest version and latest shareit for pc. you can download shareit for pc from official website.
SHAREit – The Best File Sharing App
1. Share your Images, Videos instantly with your friends on the go!
2. Cross-Platform Transferring: This app supports Cross-platform Sharing, ie, Android, Windows phone, Windows, Mac, iOS and you can connect any combinations of devices listed above.
3. Now you can also connect and share your files with your computer and can take back up of all the data on your computer within minutes.
4. You can migrate all the data completely from your old phone to your new phone. You can replicate MMS, SMS, Music, Videos, Apps in just one click
The best thing which I find about SHAREit is that there is no size restriction with files and no need of an internet connection, no need of a router or Wi-Fi network. This app uses your smartphone’s Wi-Fi and creates a hotspot and allow the other user to connect it using their Wi-Fi.
To make your life easier, this app now includes a Group Share option with the latest update. It allows you to create a group and add multiple people in it and share a file with all the members of the group simultaneously. This solves my problem of sharing files with multiple friends of mine!
Additional New features which are mostly cons:
Apart from sharing files between different platforms and backups, they have also included a lot of features which people think is bloat and do not justify its main purpose.
1. They have attached the Smart charging feature which claims to speed up charging, also prevent your phone from overcharging and optimize the usage of the battery. This is the feature which most of the people don’t like in a cross-domain file sharing app, and people treat as bloat as it shows ads on the lock screen notification panel while charging.
2. The developers have supplemented ultra-fast speed mode which claims the transfer speeds to boost 5 times faster than the normal mode, but only on one condition, that both the phones should support this feature.
3. Newsfeed in the apps home page is added, which is annoying for most of the users including me! It is because this feature does not serve the purpose of this app, and uses the internet to load the data for this section to keep it updated, which in return eats up the data and battery of the phone.
4. They have also added little fragments of social media features like sharing messages, posts, adding friends, creating share zones with thumbnails and name of files, are uploaded online for all your friends. This feature again uses the internet, which is against its primary purpose of existence.
5. They also included hotspot encryption to make sure your data is safe while getting transferred from one device to another, which is a good option always to have, but not of much use because the range of hotspot is less than 15 meters roughly.
Also Check: Shareit Facebook Page.
All the additional features sound little disappointing but, the sole purpose of SHAREit, which is to share files between two devices is executed exceptionally well. It provides transfer speeds which is many times more than that provided by Bluetooth. This is all you need to about SHAREit. I would highly recommend this app for all those who wish to transfer files hassle free from one device to another. If you have any queries regarding SHAREit, then please let us know about it in the comments section below.